Advanced search  
May 11, 2024, 06:13:22 PM
Login
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Grey Knights  (Read 3391 times)

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
  • Custodia apud Porta Mali
    • DogmaRaiderville
The Grey Knights
« on: January 03, 2008, 12:13:38 PM »

Based on the good feelings and response I had with the Land Rander Exterminus so far, this has encouraged me to go on with my Grey Knights project.  I don't have a firm grasp on what I want to do now as I'm still a rookie with SM and I still have the Cadian 1st to do.  I plan to try and do them in parallel with the Cadian 1st but only on Saturday's (Cadians during the week and on Sunday).

No timetable as yet but I'll start to put ideas in this thread here and a more formal launch will come later.
Regimental General Marcus Aurelius Tiberius
Supreme Commander - Imperial Cadian 1st Gatekeepers
Custodia apud Porta Mali

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
Re: The Grey Knights
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:16:27 PM »

From VDogg's post:

@Dogmaraider
- THE INQUISITION IS PLEASE WITH YOUR INTEREST IN THE GREY KNIGHTS  Cheesy
- Here a few suggestions:
1. How many squads and size of the squads for your Power Armor Grey Knights and Grey Knight Terminators? - I say this because the the Grey Knight Terminator Boxes come with 1 brother captain model, 3 storm bolter GK Terminators, and 1 GK with Incinerator. I'm not sure what your loadout or the squad size is but if you wanted a few squads then all you really need is a few GK terminator boxes and buy some blisters of the GK terminators. Also If you don't like the Incinerator in your squad the just bitz order the storm bolter or Psycannon arm bitz ($2.50 last time I bought it) and swap out the incinerator bit. This will free you from ordering the psycannon terminator blister pack. The same with the Grey Knights squads, comes with a a justicar, 3 power armor GKs, 1 incinerator model. Again depending on the number of squads, you can just order 1-2 grey knight squads and a few blisters (comes with 2 GK each). Also the psycannon model is sold seperately in a blister. I know all this because I went to GW before the price hike last year and got every psycannon terminator & gk models & GK blister models  Grin.
2. If you wanted to make this a fluffly suppliment to your IG then I would look at the ordo mallus inquisitor(daemon hunters section) or any inquisitor model that you can use to count as part of the Ordo mallus.
Custodia apud Porta Mali

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 12:37:46 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions VDogg.  I was looking it over and its definitely going to be a fluffy army.  As always I've thought of the tanks first which will consist of two LRC and a LRCE so we'll have a nice armor backbone with plenty of firepower.

In addition I'm planning on two GK Dreadnaughts using FW bits; both of which will be converted to a more advance leg and arm structure.; no squatters here.  These sucks are gonna look like ass kickers; like Cain's robotic form from Robocop 2.  Now THAT's a dreadnaught..... ;D

Starting at the Grandmaster (using the Captain Stern Body perhaps), he'll have a retiune of 9 GK Terminators; weapon loadouts to follow.  Of we'll have Captain Stern with his 9 GK Terminators as well.  Finally we'll have one more squad of 10 GK Terminators.

I haven't thought of the troops yet.
Custodia apud Porta Mali

vdogg

• CROUCHING VDOGG, HIDDEN ASIAN!! FAITHFUL ASIAN COMPANION!!
  • Standard User
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 04:47:51 PM »

Very nice DogmaRaider.
3 squads of 10 terminators is is just AWESOME. It's expensive but very fun to play. The sad thing is that it's cheaper to buy the Grey Knight Terminator boxes which comes with the Brother Captain, 3 Storm Bolter Terminators, 1 Incinerator models then bitz order the psycannon arm or storm bolter arm instead of buying the blisters of the Grey Knights. You will end up with extra incinerator arm bitz and brother captain models. If you wanted to go the other way then you just need one box of GK terminators since you only need 1 brother capatain because you already have the 2 Captain Stern Models. Then buy the bitz to replace the incinerator(if you don't want it) and but a bunch of blisters of Normal GK terminators with storm bolters and some psycannon GK terminators. Also good choice of getting the Brother Captain Stern models to use one as the Grand Master, I did the same thing ;D.

I am currently building a Landraider for my GK's right now that I got for christmas.

Another note, for the Power Armor Grey Knights, the Psycannon and incinerator models are one metal model so you don't need to glue anything except for the backpack and the base.
IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
R.I.P STEVE JOBS, TEH MAN among MEN. This Jack is for you.
Just call me: CROUCHING VDOGG, HIDDEN ASIAN
FAITHFUL ASIAN COMPANION

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 12:58:15 AM »

What do you guys think of using a modified Cypher backpack with Inquistion symbols as a replacement backpack for GKs?  I've attached a mockup.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:01:33 AM by DogmaRaider »
Custodia apud Porta Mali

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »

I've decided to hold on the models for now and concentrate on a display table for these models.  This will allow me to create all the bases for the models that I want, then complete them as I complete the models.

I've decided on a cathedral type scene for my models.  I've also decided on the composition and number of models that I want.  I'm designing the display table in Sketchup from the bases up.

Below are my list of models and the general design of the display board.  Disregard my bad handwriting, I didn't have a sharpened pencil available at the time.
Custodia apud Porta Mali

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »

Finished the display board model layout; the total board size is 4' x 4'.  I'll start to work on elevations next.  I'd like to have three levels of stairs plus some walls and pillars too.

I've purchased two Hirst Arts molds (#43 and #44) to make nice terrain on.  I'm thinking I can make simple molds for blocks by cannibalizing some old Legos.
Custodia apud Porta Mali

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.