Advanced search  
May 11, 2024, 07:09:06 AM
Login
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Bloody Hands of Khaine  (Read 4563 times)

Tavus

• Standard User
  • Chief Warrant Officer 2
  • Crypt Keeper Offensive Theater Overseer
The Bloody Hands of Khaine
« on: October 24, 2006, 05:22:40 PM »

This thread shall serve as the breeding ground for my Eldar warhosts of the Bloody Hands of Khaine.? Much like Dogma Raider's Gatekeepers, the Bloody Hands shall be more of theme and fluff based army that can function on the table top.? There will be more emphasis on the theme then collecting a FOC legal army.? As such, some choices that appear may not fit in line with the current and new codex design of Eldar armies.

At the moment I am leaning towards 3 seperate warhosts that will showcase the different battle aspects of the Bloody Hands of Khaine.? More than likely, when I am done, all options in the codex will be represented.

Warhost 1: The Court of the Slumbering King
? Comprised of the Avatar and his Court of Aspect warriors.?
?

Warhost 2: Flight of the Sanguine Phoenix
? Comprised of mechanized units, jetbikes and swooping hawks

Warhost 3: Name pending notes location
? Comprised of Farseers and Warlock Councils

The current incarnation for the army will have the Eldar wearing black armor highlighted in red or blue (undecided) with one or both hands painted a deep red, honoring Khaine.? Aspects will be painted in variants of their shrine colors as used by GW.? Most likely they will feature a muted scheme and also feature the deep red hand.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 08:46:22 AM by Tavus »
Only the Insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper can judge what is sane.

"Daves Third Law of Anger: For every action there is an even greater but completely painful reaction..."

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
  • Custodia apud Porta Mali
    • DogmaRaiderville
Re: The Bloody Hands of Khain
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:16:04 PM »

Awesome bud!  Good luck!
Regimental General Marcus Aurelius Tiberius
Supreme Commander - Imperial Cadian 1st Gatekeepers
Custodia apud Porta Mali

Tavus

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 12:50:35 PM »

As soon as I have the army set and codex I can start making plans out for the different war hosts.  Most likely I'll got with fluff design first for the warhosts then start breaking the down into FOC divisions for use in gaming. 

Course, I'll need to investigate a little on the super heavies....not sure how they will fit in.  Not sure if I want them to be apart of one of defined warhosts above or if they will make there own warhost.  The latter may make for an interresting fluff but can not be easily adapted to the rules of the game.  Ideas anyone?

For the super heavies, I am looking at the Scorpion Type II and maybe the flyers at a later date.  Perhaps a warhost made up of some Scorpions, Firestorms, Cobras and Night spinners along with some flyers for aerial support.  Of course this one would be more fluff based and less model based for the short and long term future.
Only the Insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper can judge what is sane.

"Daves Third Law of Anger: For every action there is an even greater but completely painful reaction..."

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:02:53 PM »

At what organizational level is a warhost group?

I know with IG it goes:

Regiment -> Company -> Platoon -> Squad -> Individual Guardsman

In IG, the super heavy vehicles are traditionally put in their own group at the company level given their rarity.  For Eldar I have no idea about the organization or the hierarchy.

Custodia apud Porta Mali

Tavus

• Standard User
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 08:46:04 AM »

The warhost is more or less the entire army that the Craftworld send to war.  So it can be small or big depending on the situation.  Small for raids, extremely large if attempting to purge the mon-keigh from a Maiden world.

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
Re: The Bloody Hands of Khaine
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 12:52:21 PM »

It could go either way.  I would think that because of its uniqueness, just like the Baneblades, it would either be in its own seperate group from your Warhost.  But you still could have then included in the actual warhost because of fluff reasons.  Is there any precident to assist you in making a decision?

Custodia apud Porta Mali

Tavus

• Standard User
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 12:58:07 PM »

Not that I am aware of.  There is some tidbits in the codex regarding this or that warhost, but nothing really concrete.  So it is pretty much open right now.

Tavus

• Standard User
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 11:53:43 AM »

Been a while since I posted in this thread.....

Just found this again so I thought I post it for comment.  This is the current working color scheme for the Bloody Hands of Khaine guardians.  Other units will be based upon this as well.

Basically, the scheme is a medium brown/tan body suit with the armor being black.  THe face plate will be polished bone with red eyes, most likely a bright/glowing intense red.  The should armor and guantlets will be a deep, dark red.

Not exactly sure how I intend to color the tanks yet, perhapes a deep red with black and bone markings (see GW Ulthwe Wave Serpernt) as seen above with teh underside/belly being a similar brown asn the body suit.

DogmaRaider

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier General
    • DogmaRaiderville
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »

Looks nice.  I don't know how your working the theme but since its the Bloody Hands of Khaine, how about a nice blood like color on the black.  Or maybe even put blood drips or outlining on the armor?  That might be a too literal interpretation of the theme but that's what I think of.  Perhaps make the red of the gauntlets extend in a drip like fashion on their forearms?
Custodia apud Porta Mali

Tavus

• Standard User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »

GW's interactive painter sucks big time.  THe gauntlets should be have a deep, dried blood color.  further carrying the theme, the tanks will have a bloody handprint incorporated somewhere in the paint the scheme.  This may get incorporated into the guardian schem as well.  Perhaps a handprint on the chest armor, maybe on the face plate as well (warpaint style).

vdogg

• CROUCHING VDOGG, HIDDEN ASIAN!! FAITHFUL ASIAN COMPANION!!
  • Standard User
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 07:11:48 AM »

Decide on the crazy paint scheme for the rending clowns from outer space yet?  :P
IT'S TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
R.I.P STEVE JOBS, TEH MAN among MEN. This Jack is for you.
Just call me: CROUCHING VDOGG, HIDDEN ASIAN
FAITHFUL ASIAN COMPANION

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 20 queries.